Different fee schedules can be created within Civic Permits based on your district facility use fee schedule. Each fee schedule you define provides the capability to specify different fees for different days of the week, for different group types (as defined in the Groups settings page), and for different times of the day (called zones).
Fee schedules allow your district to:
- Charge different rates for non-school hours (e.g. after 5:00 PM on weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays).
- Create different schedules for different facility types (a theater fee schedule, field fee schedule, etc.) and associate these fee schedules with the facility type (defined in the Sites setting area).
- Charge groups different fees based on the group classification (e.g. free use, non-profit , commercial, etc.)
Fee schedules are applied to facility types defined in the Sites settings page.
Your Civic Permits Initial Configuration included the initial fee schedule configuration. Follow the steps below if you need to edit these fee schedules or create additional fee schedules.
Edit an Existing Fee Schedule
- From the left menu, select the existing fee schedule you wish to edit.
- Click on the tab to edit the fees for the day(s) that need to be edited..
- Edit the fees for each defined zone, respectively.
- Click on the Save button to save your changes.
The fee changes are immediately effective for new permit applications (when fee estimates are displayed) and for invoices created after the fee change. Existing invoices (invoices created prior to the fee change) are not affected by the fee change.
Create a New Fee Schedule
Create a New Fee Schedule by clicking on the New Schedule option. When a new schedule is created, the Group Classifications appear. These are the group classifications that are configured in the Groups Settings area.
- Provide a Name for the fee schedule (i.e. Main Schedule, Field Schedule, etc.). The name is used for reference within the Fee and Sites setting areas.
- Select the starting day of the week (from the tabs).
- Click on “Add Zone” to create the initial zone. You can define different fee zones based on time periods of the day. For example:
For Saturdays and Sundays, a single time zone from 12:00 AM to 11:59 is typically created.
For Monday through Friday, two zones are typically created. One for school-hours (12:00 AM to 2:59 PM) and one for non-schools hours (3:00 PM to 11:59 PM). Note: even though school hours are typically 7:00AM to 3:00 PM, a single zone is created from 12:00 AM to 3:00 PM as facilities are not typically rented before school hours.
Note: you can delete a zone by clicking the trashcan icon next to a zone.
- Populate the use fees and custodial fees for each group classification, respectively, for the given zone. If you require a different fee category (other than Custodial Fee or Use Fee) please contact Civic Permits support so we can add the fee category for you.
- Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
- Repeat the process for each day of the week based on district needs.